lundi 20 avril 2015

How to Remove Obstacles

I gotta be honest with you, recently I have been experiencing what I like to call the “Double O’s”…Obstacle Overload.

What’s ironic is that this week in our 100 in 1 book challenge, we are reading my book, Real Leaders Wear Pink.

Now, clearly I have read this book several times since it was published in 2009. However, I decided to read it as if I had never read it before. I am so happy that I took this approach.

I came across the Lead Led section and the message in this section hit me like a ton of bricks.

Here’s what I read…

REMOVE OBSTACLES

“Success is on the other side of an obstacle,
 go over it, go around it, or move it.” ~ Dr. Donna

When we are driving and we see an obstruction in the middle of the road, our gut tells us that we need to go around the obstacle. Within seconds, we are looking for an out, to either go around it or move to another lane. If either of those options will not work, as a last resort, we position our wheels to drive over it. Our natural instincts are amazing, we miss the obstruction and we continue to drive without giving it a second thought.

Our own lives are no different. When obstacles occur, as they will in life we view them differently than road obstructions. We want to know why this is happening to us, why does it have to be so difficult to achieve success. We begin to compare ourselves to others and how much easier they have it. News flash, everyone in life has their own set of obstacles to overcome. They may address them privately or differently, however, everyone has obstacles to overcome and that’s a fact!

My method to obstacle removal is simple…

See them all as obstructions in the road that you must safely maneuver past to travel to your destination.

So what’s my point?

Well I actually have two:

  • First, people give up too soon. When you have a goal and you want to be successful, go after it with everything you’ve got! Jim Rohn say’s, “You’ll find a way or you’ll find an excuse.” And I say, do not allow any obstacle to stop you from finding your way.
  • Second, when you approach something that you have encountered before, with a new frame of mind, you’ll find exactly what you need to keep going. (I know I did).

REAL leaders effectively navigate through obstacles, because they know that success is on the other side.

P.S. To order your copy or Real Leaders Wear Pink, CLICK HERE.



How to Remove Obstacles

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire