Did you know that there are more than 2,000,000 blogs published every single day? Think about it, that’s more than 83,000 articles per hour! That’s nuts. So as a marketer, how do you stand out from the crowd? How do you get your valuable content in the hands of the readers most important to you? As we all know, there is no silver bullet to content marketing. Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as just knowing SEO best practices or staying abreast of the latest Google algorithm changes to rise to the top of search results.
At StoryTeller, we believe that to get measurable and remarkable marketing results with your content, it is essential to add a video element. I know you are probably tired of hearing about using video for business, because, after all, it’s become the rage. We’ve all read articles like “Why 2016 is the Year of Video Marketing,” and “Here’s Why Your Website Needs Video,” but many marketers are still slow to act. Why? Do you need more numbers?
According to HubSpot, here are a few essential reasons why video should be a non-negotiable part of your digital marketing strategy:
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- Shoppers that view video are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Syndacast predicts 74% of ALL internet traffic in 2017 will be video
- Videos are processed by the brain 60,000 times faster than text!
So how do you get on the video train that’s moving at bullet speed? Start small. Create short, simple videos as part of your video blog strategy. Then measure, and measure some more.
Tips for Creating Video Blogs to Drive Measurable Results
- One Topic: Don’t try to boil the ocean. Create your blog around one key topic and stick to it. Make sure before you turn the camera on that you know what messages you want to capture and have a sense of how easy or difficult this topic will be to get found in search. Do your research ahead of time.
- One Minute: There’s no exact science for producing the ideal length video, but when it comes to video for blogging purposes, shooting for a one minute story will give you the appropriate amount of material to help you get your message across.
- One Character: Leave your multi-character stories for your branded company or testimonial videos. A good video production rule of thumb is to plan on around one minute per character. A one minute blog means one interview whereas a three-minute story can accommodate three or four interviews.
- Socialize the Heck Out of it: Visual content is 40X more likely to be shared than any other social content. Post away! We suggest having your entire organization (or your sales team at a minimum) share video blogs on their own LinkedIn pages.
- Measure and Analyze the Results: If you have the right measurement tools, it won’t take you long to find that your video blogs are outperforming your written blogs. We love WISTIA and so do our clients. We all use this video hosting platform which helps us determine if we are creating content that people are watching as well as which videos are leading to conversions. Here is an example of some of the Wistia analytics for our client, Haskell’s video blog.
The video train is moving down the tracks and you can choose to hop on (and save yourself a lot of time writing in the process, another benefit) or be a bystander. Google is getting tougher to rank for and will continue to put a premium on GOOD and RELEVANT content that teaches us something, takes us somewhere, or answers questions — like video blogs. However, creating video content requires a commitment, so hopefully we have given you some important reasons to consider a VLOG!
How to Harness Video for Business to Get Measurable Results