jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Mariah Carey Announces Las Vegas Residency

Mariah Carey Announces she has landed a Las Vegas Residency


Mariah Carey has landed a Las Vegas residency. During a taped interview with Ellen DeGeneres, the pop star announced she has signed a deal to perform at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace. She’ll be filling a spot vacated by Celine Dion, who has taken a leave to care for her ailing husband, Rene Angelil.


It’s been reported that Carey’s deal is worth more than Britney Spears’ two-year $30 million contract. TMZ says Britney pulls in $475,000 per show, which means the “Hero” singer will be raking it in.


“This is a special event for me,” Carey said of her Las Vegas residency. “I have to hope that the fans will enjoy this ’cause I’m gonna be performing, which was kind of inspired by my album ‘#1’s,’ and this is now the updated version with 18 of them.”


Among the tracks she most likely will sing are “Fantasy,” “We Belong Together,” “Dreamlover” and “Someday.”


Carey also said on the show, “This is a special event for me. I’ve never done this before.”


Today she shared the news on Twitter, saying her first show is on May 6!




It seems her dreams are coming true. Last fall Carey talked about wanting to do more in her career in an interview.


She said, “I definitely haven’t accomplished everything I want to accomplish. ‘There are different facets of the entertainment world and I really want to explore all of them. just really need the right team around.’


In another interview with Out, she shared her thoughts on being biracial.



“I started singing when I started talking. My mother was doing Rigoletto—she’s from the Midwest, but she got a scholarship to Julliard and came to New York, this young girl with the high shorts on, meets my father who she thought was Yul Bryner, driving around in a Porsche—there weren’t many bald black men driving around in a Porsche and he was fly. Being biracial is so much a part of who I am that it’s almost, ‘let it go already,’ But it’s intrinsic to me, but I think a lot of my fans relate to me because they felt different.”



Mariah Carey getting her Las Vegas residency is a great move. I’m sure all her concerts will sell out.


[Photo Credit: Twitter]






Mariah Carey Announces Las Vegas Residency

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire