vendredi 30 mai 2014

This Captcha Alternative is a Million Times Better than Alphabet Soup

This Captcha Alternative is a Million Times Better than Alphabet Soup image Screen Shot 2014 05 12 at 11.51.33 AM 300x239In the past, I’ve made no secret about my hatred toward captchas. They’re awkward, confusing, and half the time, absolutely impossible to solve. It’s as if the search engine wants you to fail. And even though Google seems to think I’m half spam-bot (I get at least one Google-prompted captcha per working day, which I’ll take as a compliment), I’m still not accustomed to their difficult nature.


Which is why I was super pumped to hear about a growing captcha alternative. One that lets you play games (games!) instead of muddling your way through unrecognizable letters. Just match the correct food items or play a single hole of put-put golf and you’re on your way to the next web destination. Without having to deal with retrys or angry pops up.


The Captcha Solution


Known as Are You A Human, this game ups the level of fun while eliminating frustration. (Seriously, who makes those things? The inventor of expert level crossword puzzles?) Rather than identifying and guessing, users can hop into a theme and perform a simple, yet fun, task. And bam – the captcha is unlocked.


As angry as I am every time a traditional decoder pops up, I have never been the least bit angry at playing an impromptu computer game. It’s like a midday treat.


Best of all, it’s super fast – and it works. No more guessing or wondering how in the crap to figure out the game. Just follow the instructions, have about 30 seconds of fun, and move on with life. Like what all captchas should do. Sure they’re necessary to weed out spam, and it’s true that hackers can mimic certain patterns, but why didn’t someone think of this sooner? By rotating games and requiring specific movements, only a person can actually get through. And without all the headaches.


Thanks Are you a Human for making my so life better. If I could hug you, I totally would.






via Business 2 Community http://ift.tt/1gLy4va

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire