dimanche 31 août 2014

The Power of a Positive Attitude

The Power of a Positive Attitude image Fotolia Positive Attitude 300x211


Twenty years as an Executive Career Management Professional, Certified Professional Resume Writer and a fearless networker, combined with my previous law enforcement career, has afforded me the opportunity to meet many people. Upon meeting a person for the first time, I can quickly assess their attitude. First impressions count! During a few split seconds, people make a judgement of you by your poise, handshake and verbal introduction.


So many people fail to ignite my intrigue and enthusiasm to advance the introduction into a business relationship. The lack of positivity, drive and determination is highly apparent in many cases. If I was in a career influencing position, my attention would not be grabbed. After all, who is going to hire a person with a questionable attitude and demeanor? Very few!


There is a direct correlation between a positive attitude and the time it takes to land a new job, no matter what function or level. I see it every day. My intuition acquired through my two distinct careers allows me to make this assumption and 90% of the time I am correct.


How can you go about changing your attitude? There are a number of ways.


Surround yourself with positive cheerleaders who can excite and invigorate you as you face and resolve the various challenges of a career transition. Visualize where you want to go and leave no stone unturned in your quest to accomplish your goals. Consciously resist negative thoughts and think of the other side of the coin.


Don’t set goals that are too ambitious; be realistic, as setting lofty goals and not meeting them will cause you to beat yourself up. You build self-confidence by setting and achieving realistic goals.


How is your attitude? Are you ready to conquer rejection, experiencing more downs than ups? If not, consider hiring a career coach; an expert who can steer you through the adversity!






The Power of a Positive Attitude

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire