jeudi 31 mars 2016

Lead by Making a Difference

leadership

I’ve been watching the 2015-2016 primaries and I honestly do not think we have ever seen anything quite like it.

Candidates are trying gain delegates by all kinds of methods good, bad and ugly. Lots of reacting and shouting louder and meaner than ever. Other candidates are running on their beliefs, papers and websites. While others are running on the basis of their gender, age and experience.

My take from all of this rhetoric is how should I be leading. I have thought a lot about this topic and remind myself to stay true to these principles.

Recommended for YouWebcast: Advanced Facebook Growth Hacking

Change is daily – Growing, learning and changing is a daily task. It is not some kind of program or huge project that requires an outside consultant. I look at areas to measure, question and consider. Based on this information, I look at what I need to do to continue to grow or areas that need to improved.

Forward Thinking – When it comes down to it, no one really cares how long you’ve worked at a company or some project you worked on 5-10 years ago. It is all about the future. I spend much more time on the short-term, less than a year than long term, but the goal here is always look ahead and not get too comfortable. The day I am comfortable is the day I stop living.

Connect with Great People – It is all about gaining trust with employees, clients and friends. Surrounding myself with great people is huge. Too much time is wasted on under performers, people who cannot be trusted and others who do not take on responsibility. I know I cannot run a company on my own.

Service – Client service has to occur every day. Client service for me includes work activities, communication with clients and service inside and outside the company. People need to work together to produce a superior product or service.

Lead by Example – I constantly look at the way I am perceived. I get excited about wins and I get concerned over issues. I like to look at the big picture for changes and try to stay away from overreacting and putting band-aids on things. I want people to be excited about the work they produce and I try to show them the importance and role they play in the company.

Summary

Each and every day I have a chance to make a difference in the lives of the people I work with and the people I serve. It is a big responsibility and it needs to be handled with the highest integrity. It is also my duty to ensure the viability and growth of our company and the clients we serve. Making a difference every day is the only way I can accomplish this task. I enjoy each and every day and I hope to continue this process of growth and change as long as I can. It is a humbling experience to be a leader and know that the impact we have on each other makes all the difference.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Lead by Making a Difference

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire