lundi 30 septembre 2013

Meet Heather Carlson – Consultant, International Studies Grad, and Pinterest Influencer!

Meet Heather Carlson – Consultant, International Studies Grad, and Pinterest Influencer! image Dmg732xt9BL1RWPAcWDvudd6EENZiWeTfrue1DqbsAD5nc2gDA69JR4cniYZ cWoUingl7E0kD8JVe75DdKBNO9NJTqwqWktXGpjH3mmRewEl755lohoQCQ


Heather Carlson is a leasing consultant from Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she was born and raised. She graduated from Taylor University in 2011 with a degree in International Studies. Heather loves Olive Garden and her favorite movie is Lord of the Rings. When she’s not working or on Pinterest, Heather can be found hanging out with friends, reading, playing ultimate frisbee, or traveling! Heather’s amazing style and variety of beautiful travel pins has earned her over 2.2M Pinterest followers!


When did you start using Pinterest and what inspired you to make an account?


Pinterest was still in its somewhat early stages when my sister told me about it and I decided to start an account to see what it was all about. I immediately came to appreciate the features of the site and began to pin photos of places I wanted to travel; it was then that I was first introduced to the lures of Pinterest DIY and started many of my own (occasionally successful) projects! The fact that I could centralize my ideas and inspirations all in one place and personalize each board to myself was very intriguing.


Why do you like Pinterest over other social media platforms?


I enjoy the fact that you share your interests in a subtle, non-intrusive way. It’s more casual than other social media platforms since it does not center around sharing personal details. You’re finding, or even creating, pins that express your interest to share with others. You aren’t merely interacting and pinning from friends you know; you have the opportunity to discover boards from complete strangers whose style you absolutely love.


Meet Heather Carlson – Consultant, International Studies Grad, and Pinterest Influencer! image G6vrZeHAFCmlMBeN6HMBIp DqMu5P7FfeH95YizlOyIWh52lBLkfc4A770Mq9lba89FaC6 zW5jpm7USaB 8Ef QwGa2wppmGbrmsFTiBQyyQPg9AkE0WSc


Riding a Camel in Egypt


You have gained over 2.2M followers! Wow! So what makes your Pinterest unique?


I believe one of the main draws to my Pinterest account is my desire to stay true to my own interests and what excites me, as well as my ability to unearth beautiful things. The various pins that I find or create all represent different forms of beauty and come together to create a unique aesthetic that expresses myself in a way that only pictures can. For my most popular board, Galaxies and Glitz, I try to pin images of the world beyond our own planet. I think that there is an element of wonder and awe that people feel when they see images of our solar system and the galaxies beyond. In a way it makes us feel small, but it also allows us to dream beyond the confines of Earth, reminding us of what is still yet undiscovered and that true beauty is always out there waiting. People are also encouraged to think outside themselves when they see these images of a reality that is so outside anything they have seen in their lives here on earth.


You’re from Michigan — tell us more about it! Have you always lived there?


I was born and raised in Grand Rapids. It has been a great place to grow up, and although I love to explore and travel as much as I can, it is always nice to be able to return home at the end of the day. I think Michigan has a quiet, subtle beauty that a lot of people might miss. You probably don’t think about Michigan as this amazing tourist destination or possessing any amazing sites to see, but the quiet woods, the fresh water lakes, the warm sand dunes, and the friendly people, all make for a wonderful place to live.


Have you traveled much?


I have had the opportunity to travel all around the US and abroad as well; I do have a wanderlust, and I love nothing more than to explore and discover a new culture or country. I even lived abroad in Jerusalem, Israel for a semester was one of the top experiences I have had in my life so far. I am always looking for the next opportunity to travel and learn more about the world.


Meet Heather Carlson – Consultant, International Studies Grad, and Pinterest Influencer! image nrAhq02lJZw09m2bAMH47NvKYduwci6j0JYJjZeMjGyCFoQtvzJ3URbaq28OeD3fKQmHPIGsPk FXdSeVeLcxCXccxq0BqJsBXIx3gb2qHwoaqQNbont0w80


My Twin Sister Kathryn and I at the Rocky Mountains


Tell us more about your Pinterest boards. What are your favorite boards to pin on and why?


I thoroughly enjoy pinning to my Wanderlust board which goes back to my love for travel and also to my major in International Studies. There are countless gorgeous photos of amazing places in the world that I never knew existed. If it were possible, I would love to go to every place I pin, but there would never be enough time for all of those places! I also really love my Adventures board.


Your Galaxies and Glitz board is so cool! Tell us more about how you came up with that idea.


When I was younger, I was always excited to see the planetarium when our school took field trips to the museum. I loved to learn about different planets and galaxies. Nothing can quite compare to the beauty we find in these images and I felt it would be a wonderful idea for a board. When I place these images in juxtaposition with style and fashion, thus the “glitz”, I feel it adds a more unique, mystical feel to the images than one would otherwise find on a board simply devoted to fashion.


Tell us more about your personal style and your Pinterest aesthetic.


I have always been a fairly laid-back person and I always try to appreciate the beauty in life beyond the mundane day-to-day. With that in mind, I want my Pinterest to have a natural, relaxed feel, but I also want it to feel bright, colorful, happy, and full of adventure! Much of my Pinterest is centered on amazing photography that captures the beauty of the world around us: both natural and manmade.


Meet Heather Carlson – Consultant, International Studies Grad, and Pinterest Influencer! image WDQpv8Y8i4NCeR4ErQuh51t gyqCcaM RYmrCRsf6nt2xdf0VHfNlX8GmLaFHaJMW3oneuEnAdafXCAMnFz5h5TxyTgX8DzTptl9A49IHmQ5V1Rp5LPBsmtZ


My Best Friend Stassia and I in the Texas Desert


What are your plans for the future?


One of my main passions is travel and discovering new people, places, and things through that. I would love to be able to incorporate that in my life in the future. I also love to be able to interact with and help people. My desire is to find a way to do both of those together, potentially through missions work abroad. In a way I hope my life emulates my Pinterest; calm and simple, yet full of life, happiness, and discovery!






via Business 2 Community http://www.business2community.com/pinterest/meet-heather-carlson-consultant-international-studies-grad-pinterest-influencer-0632157?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=meet-heather-carlson-consultant-international-studies-grad-pinterest-influencer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire