lundi 31 mars 2014

Meet Lindsay Pennetta – Youth Mentor, Baking Enthusiast, and Pinterest Influencer!

Meet Lindsay Pennetta – Youth Mentor, Baking Enthusiast, and Pinterest Influencer! image


Lindsay Pennetta, known as Sweet Vanilla Bean on Pinterest, lives in Sacramento, California with her husband and she has her dream job: working with at-risk and high-risk youth, helping inspire them to achieve their dreams. When Lindsay’s not working or pinning, she loves throwing parties for family and friends, scrapbooking and doing crafts, baking, going out to eat, and going on evening walks. From recipes, cute animals, and holiday pins, to baby-focused pins, fashion and more, she loves pinning a wide variety of pins to her Pinterest account, Sweet Vanilla Bean. Lindsay’s love for baking, the holidays, party planning, and crafts has earned her over 731K Pinterest followers!


When did you start using Pinterest and what inspired you to make an account?


I started using Pinterest from the beginning! I can’t remember how I heard about it, but it sounded neat. A virtual bulletin board? Yes, please! I was one of the first of my friends to join Pinterest. I remember when you had to request an invite and then wait a few days to be accepted. I watched as others joined and also fell hard for Pinterest. Since then, I have enjoyed so many wonderful Pinterest friendships and my followers love to give me feedback on my pins. I remember pinning something that generated 15 comments overnight. I thought, “Yes, people are paying attention to this stuff!” As my followers grew, I started feeling really inspired to keep pinning the things I love!


Why do you like Pinterest?


I love that Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board. Pinterest remedied my magazine clipping hoarding situation almost instantly! I especially love the search feature on Pinterest because it allows me to search just my own pins. It’s much easier than flipping through the three giant binders I have of my magazine clippings! I also love that people can share their craft ideas and recipes so easily on Pinterest. My Grandma is still my number one choice for homemaking questions like, “How long do you chill your pie dough?” or “How do I get a stain out of my blanket?” If she’s not available, I definitely use Pinterest as a second choice when I need hints, tips and recipes!


You have gained over 731K followers! That’s so cool! What makes your Pinterest unique?


I know this sounds so trite, but my Pinterest boards and pins really are me! I pin things that I love. I pin things that make me feel something. I pin things that uplift and inspire me (and hopefully others). I feel deeply connected to, and passionate about, my family, friends, animals, my job, and creativity in all forms. I feel like my boards and pins truly reflect these passions! So when you follow me, you really are following me… and I have to say, I am as equally appreciative and inspired by my followers!


Tell us more about Sacramento! What do you like about it there?


I live in Sacramento with my husband and doggie. I love that Sacramento has so many amazing places to travel and explore in close proximity. Plus, it’s been touted as the capital of inter-racial marriages, which is perfect for me and my Vietnamese husband, and our love of culture and ethnic food! It’s a beautiful, big city with lots of trees and a fairly laid-back style.


What are your favorite places you’ve traveled to?


My husband and I both love road trips! Our favorite so far was a trip up to explore Seattle and back home through Oregon. We found both states stunningly beautiful in their own way and also very dog friendly for our pup. We enjoyed the food in both states and especially loved the micro-breweries in Oregon. We hope to take this road trip again soon and visit some friends who live in up Washington!


Meet Lindsay Pennetta – Youth Mentor, Baking Enthusiast, and Pinterest Influencer! image gYw2Mr5HguXDIb WFiyw03SjiffnZCC3jzJeFTfflfNnIKB2qJmxZLUK6URnxyMte2Yi6Kll7Pl1JZdJJahIFLOih6rIHk9krcYhWw9crR37kQD3wSAONrjs5Yz65A


Lindsay and her husband


What are your favorite Pinterest boards to pin onto and why?


I really love scrapbooking and crafting, though I don’t make it a priority which I’d like to. I enjoy pinning to my Project Life and Scrapbooking board. I find lots of inspiration from other people’s ideas. I also love pinning to my Tips, Hints, and Tricks board because anything to make my life easier or more organized is very welcome in my life! Finally, I love pinning recipes to my Cook, Bake, & Make board! I have pinned and made some really amazing things, namely Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread! Soooo gooood!


Meet Lindsay Pennetta – Youth Mentor, Baking Enthusiast, and Pinterest Influencer! image 32uGw4SQP9Ct4T6v43gMetZsVz0yzzipgbqRiE6jJgB11e2dC4TJDV Ozyju45cWxHgJtN1vLiNke8mbES0S2gC4ax5ElNsBaPm161H2cbtr1YQZt3ZOftF5LlM9pA


One of Lindsay’s favorite Pinterest recipes to date: Reese’s Banana Bread from Cookies and Cups


Your Cook, Bake, & Make board is making us so hungry – yum! We also just love your Easter & Spring board! Tell us more about these boards and why you made them!


Pinterest is a great place to find recipes, so a board like this was necessary to gather all of the amazing ideas and recipes on Pinterest! I am not a “natural” cook. I love to bake, but it’s hard for me to stay inspired to cook dinners. Cook, Bake & Make is often a board I use to decide what to make for dinner. It’s encouraged me to take risks in the kitchen.


The Easter & Spring board was born, like all of my holiday themed boards, from my love of celebrating, even the simple things. I always feels so optimistic and inspired when winter starts to fade and spring starts to blossom. This board is a collection of sweet, spring-y things to honor and celebrate that optimism!


Meet Lindsay Pennetta – Youth Mentor, Baking Enthusiast, and Pinterest Influencer! image HRtn9a6RtoRfjJvXhjul0dY6yN381Sqf41nixsRyuh2yTaAtls15VCtbEyIl mH8ibZZiEMApJV2l9DuV0eClOzs4vHkilkI7gJbkHQDX79VTwRXgmSXxk8QViCy A


What is your Pinterest style?


My Pinterest style can be captured with words like cottage-chic, comfortable, cozy, homespun, inspired and simple. These are words that also express how I try to live my daily life and how I decorate my home.


Tell us more about your passion for baking!


People say you either love to cook or you love to bake. I love to bake! The measured-ness of baking, the precision – it is very comforting to me. Baking reminds me of my Grandma, who lives eight hours away. My Grandma taught me to bake as a child. Her tried and true tips and recipes still resonate and pay homage to my heritage. I can still hear her voice when I bake, emphatically reminding me to use a knife to level off the measurements in the measuring cups. I think people, especially children, can learn so much from baking: math, patience, sharing and more! When the final product is done, there is something tasty and beautiful to share with others that you’ve created… that’s pretty special! What’s not to love about the whole process? Except the clean-up, of course!


What are your plans and hopes for the future?


My future plans are to continue projects around my old house, to improve it and continue to create an inspired space that truly reflects who my husband and I are, and how we live our life. We hope to take many more road trips and adventures with our dog! Someday we hope to have a family, using Pinterest ideas, of course, to decorate the nursery. I would also like to continue to grow professionally in my work with at-risk and high-risk youth and to continue pinning in all of my spare moments!


Connect with Lindsay!


PinterestSweet Vanilla Bean Blog






via Business 2 Community http://ift.tt/1fgjpW6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire